Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good news Vs Bad news


Smalam ada berita baik dan berita kurang baik.

Lemme start with the good news first. My Aisya has progressed so well at her school. Yupp Aisya, mama lama tak blog pasal kamu sbb mama bz sokmo. Bz apa pon tak tahu la. Papa mesti cakap mama bz online window shopping. Hehehe.

So, today Aisya will receive the rainbow star point award during her school assembly. Actually the star point award tu almost every week pun dapat. Nothing special pun. But I like the way the school here rewards their students. All of the good behaviours and show of improvement will be awarded. But not in material form, just a piece of coloured paper. Cthnya, diroang akan dapat star point kalau habiskan meal or helpful with friends or progresses well in reading/writing or adjusting well to new environment, all sorts of them. I think they believe praising the kids for the good behaviours will make the kids do better and better in all sorts of things and improve their self-esteem. Tak sabar nak bukak kindy yg macam ni kat Mesia nanti (angan2 kena ada hehehe)

So, berbalik pada Aisya, rainbow star point tu maknanya dah pangkat tinggila, sbb star point diberi ikut colour code. But the more exciting news is Aisya said her teacher Miss Kaur told her that she’ll be transferred into Year 1 class next week. I’m still sceptical about this news, but for the time being I just accept it. Maybe we'll ask Miss Kaur some time during this week. Actually it’s good for Aisya coz now she’s placed in Foundation class (mcm tadika) sbb dia lahir in October sedangkan school start in September. Ni kes macam org lahir bulan January la. Since Aisya dah banyak blajar kat TM Taska, agak rugi dia join this group. For English learning, join mana2 group pun ok sbb dia still akan learn a lot. But for Maths, dia macam restart balik. Since mama love maths so much, mama nak anak2 mama pun suka maths gaks (hehehe mama psycho)

Enough said of the good news, which actually healed my sorrow heart a lil bit. Actually yesterday I received my 7th assignment mark and it was so awful. I was so devastated that I now plan to change my strategy for my Msc. It was way below my expectation. I knew I didn’t do so well like the previous modules, but I don’t think it was that bad. Hahaha. Tula padan muka siapa suruh ambil enteng. The mark is one thing, but the comment given is another thing, I found it was too short and too brief for my low mark. So, to satisfy myself, I emailed the tutor (a Dr. perhaps) and asking for explanation. And since the mark is so low, it drags my overall average marks, which make me impossible to get distinction (distinction means average >= 70). I still have 2 more assignments to submit and I don’t think I can get extremely high marks for them (kena dapat 76 minimum). Macam ni la kalau assignment tu all wordings and marking is so subjective. And in order to get Msc with distinction, I need to get distinctions for both assignments and projects. Macam mustahil, bolehkah?

So, now it’s time to change my strategy. Kalau sebelum ni strategy nak dapat distinction, sekarang ni strategy nak dapat Msc jer and nak jalan2 and enjoy my several months left in UK!!! So this weekend, off we go to Manchester (again) nak makan nasi dagang Yat and nasi Arab kat Jazeera (kecur air liur dah ni)! Kalau sempat menyelit, nak shopping kat Cheshire Oak outlet sementara rate tgh RM4.6+ per pound. Then on the way back nak singgah Stoke-On-Trent mengintai Pot Meirion or apa2 set pinggan mangkuk nak diangkut balik Malaysia. Then nak enjoy time dgn hubby and family sementara cuti panjang masih belum habis. Picnic, bbq, caravan, name it. Dah start kerja nanti tobat bz balik cam sebelum ni. Plannya nak gi Europe tapi tix takde yg betul2 menarik buat masa ni.

Tapi 2 assignment yg berbaki and dissertation project akan ku buat bersungguh2 juga. Cuma maybe tak sestruggle sebelum ni sampaikan kena tidur kat library. Apa2 pun, syukur tak pernah fail lagi. Ada gaks member2 yg fail and kena ambil extra subject or resubmit new assignment, which will consume another 3 weeks for them. Macik tak sanggup nak gi kelas lagi & buat balik assignment. Life must go on. Yg lepas tu biarla lepas. Kan kan?

7 comments:

aida said...

All work n no play makes people dull. Eh ko dah beli ke tiket lego? Aku ada 5 pound off voucher, tapi kena beli tix on spot n have 2 check valid ke tak on weekend. Oh ada tempat beli pinggan ek? Cuba story sket

momsloveheart said...

aku tak jadi gi lego.. sbb mungkin nak gi yg kat london sambil gi windsor castle.. aku nak gi cheshire oak, shopping beb! hehehehe

aida said...

Oh patah kaki jalan2 g cheshire oak. See u later k!

kaezrin said...

awak nak royal doulton and wedgewood..tolonggggg

julie.yaacob said...

kak elin, serious? nak 1 set ke cemana? pattern cemana? akak email saya address and phone number akak. kot2 saya jadi pergi, saya minta pos terus ke malaysia cam yaya. kalau minat pattern tertentu, email skali rupanya

julie.yaacob@gmail.com

IreneYaya said...

Julie pergi tak? Citer sket camne best dok jalan2?

momsloveheart said...

ala yaya, tak gi pon stoke. gi manchester jek, masak nasi dagang ngan yat. haha

panas sangat la weekend tu. takde mood nak g jalan. cheshire tu outlet gaks. ada Gap, Next, Clarks, Burberry, and macam2 lagi. But for branded things, Bicester is better. for other brand, best gakla. cuma sbb panas sgt tak shopping banyak pon